December 14, 2012

Thursday cont..

I have me self a new cauldron cackle cackle.

Please note how nice and clean my new oven still is!

I seasoned the Dutch oven with oil and placed it  in a hot oven for over an hour, as you do on a hot day.
Dutch ovens are perfect to use on a bonfire (once it dies down) to cook with.
I love how you can place coals on the top of the lid to help cook the food. Or even use the lid as a fry pan.


James and his truck gathered all the tree branches from around the place and built a bonfire. It is all ready for Summer Solstice.

My hydrangeas are starting to flower.


I got side tracked snapping the baby dragonfly  well I think it is a baby dragonfly and its mummy or daddy dragonfly was near by.   The photo doesn't really show you how little it was - but you can get an idea from the hydrangea flower. 
The Dragonfly symbolizes the power of light and Illusion. They are a symbol of the sense of self the often comes with maturity. One of the dragonfly's messages is live life to the fullest because his own is brief.


Awe shucks my work as the treasurer for a local club was recognised. This time last year the club folded due to  money being in the red. I negotiated the debt be written off and head hunted some people to form a formal club with roles and responsibility. The club is on its feet now and at the AGM I'm handing over the role  to someone else. Behind my back I've been fondly called "The Money Nazi"

James was chosen from club members to be sports person of the year - he has also worked hard behind the scenes setting up each week, collecting the money and bringing it home for me. It was wonderful to watch him in his role last night. It's time like these when Brent and I step back and are seeing the hard work of homeschooling paying off.

People often ask us how we get everything all done - we don't watch tv, we don't have time to watch tv especially summer nights - you will find us outside in the cool evening pottering about. We enjoyed being out under the new moon - the last for 2012.

8 comments:

  1. Leanne, lovely to get an unexpected gift, and James, well done.Yes, the summer evenings are a good time for outside work, cooler, and less pressure at the end of the day. Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep LOVE being outside as much as possible! Shame housework, cooking and washing needs doing too aye
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. The evenings have been so nice lately, it is great to potter in the garden, and get some chores done. Have a lovely weekend.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://thekitchensgarden.com/
      a new blog I've come across as you do - LOVE her writing and photos (you may too) she says you need a cardi in town today - we are all tee shirts up here.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. very enjoyable post....thanks for sharing so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our blog is totally random at times aye.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. Sounds like your family has been awesome support for your club - well done. Hope you enjoyed the choccies. I don't know much about Dutch ovens but they sound wonderful... and yes, I did notice how sparkly clean your new oven still is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to remember to take photos of the Dutch Oven when we use it. The oven is sparkly clean as I don't actually like it... it is taking me a long time to get used to cooking with it - cooks very fast and I've burnt food, it cooks unevenly... I miss my old oven very much!

      Delete