December 6, 2012

Wednesday 5th December


Garden

The New Zealand Christmas tree, pohutukawa (Metroisderos excelsa vibrance) is a native New Zealand tree and a New Zealand symbol. It is a sacred tree and the pohutukawa tree which sits on the very tip of Cape Reina is believed to be the last stepping off place of spirits from this world. 

 
SCREAM! we now own one and we brought a big one that will possibly flower for this Christmas.

Another gentleman for my garden, Roger Hall

 And Midnight - rather spoilt wasn't I. Brent and I don't enjoy going out for dinner but we sure enjoy going to the garden shops. The bank in front of our house is an area I've not been happy with. We are going to be  removing most of what is on the bank and replanting with a red theme.

Farmstay Guests.


Rosa is fast to her dinner plate, she likes to lick all the gravy - Dine fish selection is her favourite.
Rosa and Jack don't like mince so we provide them with tinned food. (Please disregard hosue keeping we sweep after the cats have eaten)

Oh dear Rosa is not too pleased with the paparazzi. 

 Jack in his pose for rub my head - oh pleeeease do, do it now.

 very much a look his mum Laura gives. - Doesn't it just melt your heart.

 Mouse on the Mantle (aka elf on the shelf)
Nut cracked.

We should of ran a competition to see who could guess which family members turn it was to move 
Mr. Mouse..

8 comments:

  1. Roger Hall is beautiful camelia, I have it. Midnight looks perfect, looking forward to seeing them.
    Kitts seem to be content and enjoying themselves
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, Yes Rosa and Jack are very settled, I get big purrs and cuddles each time I pop down. My next camellia I hope to grab is Midnight Magic - it was more full and ruffled I saw googling. Now to begin changing the bank.

      Delete
  2. I can't remember who I heard this from - probably a relative - but Maori folklore says that if the pohutukawa flowers before Christmas it means a good summer, and good fishing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh have to watch close then won't I.(You know how much I love folklore) The pohutukawa trees along the streets are just starting to flower.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. Love the red theme! Isn't exciting to get new plants for the garden? Just love it. Stella looks quite happy, Leanne! Love visiting your blog! xxoo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy thank you!. Yes Stella is doing great, she has had a couple of days where not much attention has been given to her - poor puppy. Oh I love getting new plants can easily forget a budget in a garden shop..
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. I wish we got that the gorgeous N.Z. tree here, it's beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of it blooming. Jack is darling! I just want to reach through my computer screen and snuggle with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile Jack and Rosa are lovely - Brent and I have favs, only because Rosa does! She snubs me and makes a huge embarrassing fuss over Brent. Jack loves everybody.
      OOh goodie I can take lots of photos of the pohutukawa as she blossoms and share.
      Love Leanne

      Delete