January 8, 2013

Tuesday 8th January

Geese tales

Livestock can be a worry at times.  This morning I flew out of bed as it sounded like a pesky pukeko had caught a gosling. Thankfully they were all safe - I've no idea what the pukeko did have. (Hopefully not one of the quail family)

Free ranging. They walk around the paddocks foraging.

Minimalist Tales...
I'm working hard at what I am ready to let go of - cross stitch pattens today were sorted.Fifty items listed on Trade Me - does take a we while especially as I've decided to sell some of my collection of children's books. I've had many years of fun collecting them and some are fetching some great prices. As our kids are growed up now - I figure other people will have fun hunting and sourcing some of my collection.

I've been reading Breaking the Sentimental attachment to books. This has resulted with  one double books shelf  gone from our house, it is in the barn holding our stereo and Brent's record collection - I've been told to keep my mits off his stuff GRIN.

FarmStay Guests...

Leo has settled in really well and boy can he talk we have quite a long conversation. This photo doesn't really do Leo justice - he is in the middle of his story

He knows a lot of words - Mouse is one of them and he perks up ready waiting for his catnip mouse (which he shreds). Lunch is another word he knows and for Leo at home lunch is his cat treats,  I'm keeping him to his routine. SMILE.

Minka enjoys going for a prowl in the entry way and looking about - soo much to always see here.

Minka talking away to her neighbours Bella and Molly

Bella and Molly came with their own scratching pole - I've been saving putting it in their run as knew they are here for quite a few weeks. Kinda figured they might like something different to play on from home half way through their visit.

BOTHER! I'm not gonna make photographer of the year any time soon... The best photo I of got of Bella and I cut her ear off...

The girls loved swatting each other on the scratching pole and it was  amusing to watch so thought you may like a video of them playing...


mmmmmm do you think I could catch them fooling around on video???? It does show you a little of how much Bella moves when a camera is on her. (Bella is on the top, Molly under her)

8 comments:

  1. Leanne I just followed your link to "Becoming a Minimalist", what a treasure trove! Thank you dear girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He makes you think outside the square doesn't he.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. When I moved last year from my house to an apartment that I live in now, I got rid of so many books! I think that was the hardest minimizing I've had to do. I do wish I had kept a few more of my books but now I have what I really love. Children's books, I've kept for me because I like reading them regardless of whether I'll have grandchildren some day. But what a great feeling it is to not be so clogged down by extra books.

    I love Molly and Bella! Both beautiful cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy I am finding it HARD to let go of books. I am giving myself 2 shelves of children's books for must keeps. But honest what I moved on last year I have not missed. Plus I soo love the minimalist concept...

      I'm really enjoying having the cats back that we bred. It's a good feeling knowing their families can be away and not have to worry about their cat. They have all settled in really well.

      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. All the cats are very cute. Leo looks quite the character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leo talks and talks - he has a lot to tell me.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. Wow...those gooslings are getting big! Gus looks down-right chuffed about being a daddy. WTG on the reducing stuff..I wanna be like you when I grow up LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Julia it is freeing but also challenging letting go... It is nice to know other children are going to be raised on great books too!

      Yes dinner 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 are getting bigger... I've been reading River Cottage and trying to look at these baby geese differently....

      Love Leanne

      Delete