January 23, 2013

Wednesday 23rd January


Floriography


. Red and white striped carnations means a refusal.

An ivory rose means romance and steadfast, mature love.

He who would have beautiful roses
 in his garden 
must first have beautiful roses in his heart.
Samuel Reynolds 




The second year of growing hops - the vines have taken off. - Might get a good crop me thinks.

mmmm black currents ready for picking.

Grapes still a wee way off, a net needs to put over the grape vine very soon too.

But today I'm putting the net over the blueberries - I'm gonna beat the birds!

Another promising year of passionfruit.

Beans I'm not having much luck with very slow - they are different heritage beans  - we love fresh beans so thinking of planting Scarlett runner next year if we don't get a good crop this year.

FarmStay Guests...

Bella practising her cat walk.

Bella has finally moved on from her family (taken her quite a while) she finally is my mate . She is the only cat that has stayed to date that has been the most aloof with ME (Been fine with other family members). I wouldn't be surprised if she gives her family the cold shoulder treatment when they get home.


yep Bella that is the nest I'm stealing off the strawberries for the blueberries.

Molly - enjoys the view of the dove cote with the birds coming and going - there is always something to look at.

 Molly in a playful mood


Molly batting the camera with both her paws LOL

Awww I could keep Molly - she is soo much like her mum Laura.

8 comments:

  1. Passionfruit, yummy. On our farm at TeHihi, my Dad had a HUGE vine, and when I went to pick some, underneath were all these neatly cut halves, all scooped out. Maybe a snack on the way to the cowshed.I have tried growing them here, but no luck. But lots of courgettes, butter beans, lettuce and finally some yellow tomatoes.Our blueberry bush is a long way from producing yet. Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean - james doesn't need to learn that trick of eating the passionfruit under the vines. This was my third passionfruit I started here before I had any lucky - I will save some seeds from one this year to start another off as I don;t think they last forever?
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. Oh I think you have beautiful roses in your garden :-) :-)Looks like your harvest is going to be bountiful if you can beat those birds. (Funny, don't think I have ever heard of an aloof cat before!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raewyn out first home had beautiful beds - but here I haven't had that much luck only a few rose bushes. And The net is on I'm gonna beat those birds - now just got to keep teenagers and their friends from eating produce in my garden.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. Molly is so cute, Leanne...what a character!

    Hmmm...I must try growing passionfruit again. The last one striveled up in the heat and died on me. I'd love to grow blueberries too...and I believe you can up here. But not currants..too hot. Boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly is cute the cats that stay here longer you can;t help but gett very fond of. Bella has finally begun to love me.

      I love our passionfruit vine and so do the dogs..
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. I love the old fashioned language of flowers and yours are gorgeous, Leanne! What a fun thing it would do if I lived on your farm is create a little book about all the flowers and fruit growing on your farm and then find the corresponding meanings.

    Molly is just beautiful and you've captured great photos of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy I do too and folklore. I have soo many ideas of all the wonderful things to do when I finish homeschooling, ut keeping myself grounded for the next two or three years then wacko... some of my ideas are in place now that I am working on in the background.

      Molly is beautiful aye - but with a mother and father like she had HE HE HE how could she not be SMILE.
      Love Leanne

      Delete