January 2, 2013

Welcome 2013


source Susan Branch from Pinterest.


Yes this is my motto and goal for 2013.
 I'm embracing the minimalist lifestyle and will tackle one thing/area each day. 
With the plan 2014 my home will begin being decorated.
Today I tackled the computer desk

Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.
 I may not reach them, 
but I can look up and see the beauty,
 believe in them 
and try to follow where they lead.
-- Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888) 


 Choosing to be a minimalist is pushing a few buttons in our home and GASP the first argument of the year was triggered and the silver was placed away for another day. Brent and I don't often argue unless it is over buying cars or planting trees but over silver for real? Oh my .... It is a new day today and I won't mention about silver or the painting I very much dislike over our fire I promise...
However!

Garden Planting...
 Brent built a support fence for my kiwifruit and planted them.


James used some of my compost for his garden and then planted my heritage butternut pumpkin seeds I'd raised in his garden. Not the right time by the moon for planting (unless root crops) but sometimes one just has to plant.

I think there is nothing nicer than a pumpkin patch...

Garden harvest....

His and hers plums off our Billington plum tree and two eggs... Every year I plan on keeping a record of how many eggs the girls give per day/month/year... lets see if I can keep a record going this year...

Well done James! He shot his very first rabbit... skinned, gutted and James tells me he is going to cook it too.
Don't yea just love his ringlets?

Geese Tales...

The goslings are one week old and we still have all six even with Mr Hawk circling and circling around over head. Gus and Geraldine take their babies on HUGE walks every day down to the bottom paddock

Farm Stay Guests...


Olly adores his mince and can gobble it up in record time. That's an impressive tail don't you think? - perhaps that's where Olly puts all the mince he eats.
Today Brent and the kids timed him eating it.

He gets two bowls full which is two cubes. One cube didn't seem enough - you would blink and it was down the hatch. 2 and 1/2 minutes per bowl then he looks at you as if to so say " For real is that ALL I get"?
We are confident he can improve his time - today  he did get distracted by our cats Laura and Majika watching from outside the run - and.....

Hey! where's my mince?
Brent and the kids fed the cats last night and they changed my routine - Bella was NOT impressed waiting for her mince while Olly was being timed eating his.

Bella LOVES her mince too - and knows she usually gets fed first before Olly. Oh my, talk about laugh at how frustrated she was not being able to eat Olly's mince.

Bella is straight into the mince while Molly watches on. I only give them two cubes of mince to share as I'm under strict instruction that these girls aren't allowed to return home FAT... It is enough as often they leave a little bit of mince. (A common Burmese trait - they seem to like to leave something for you to clean up)
They are only having one scoop of cat nuts a day between them. (Zara could eat one scoop a day all by herself) Our six cats have two scoops a day between them all (plus wet food)

Happy New Year to our cats and dogs. (The farmStay guests will be pleased to miss out I'm sure)

Cheers and good health to all.
Thank you Olly's family for the wine we enjoyed it very much with our New Years dinner. Very nice it was.
Thomas you might like the wine - it was from Germany.


2013
please be awesome



16 comments:

  1. Your life style looks very enjoyable, your pretty cats, visiting cats, the geese, and having rabbit to eat. Fresh rabbit! I like your motto inscribed on the plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Terra, yes James has quite the taste for rabbit... but he likes to garden too watch out any critter that gets into his garden.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. It's actually hard for me to be simple in some areas but I embrace minimalism in others. Cats are the essential minimalist animals, aren't they? Mr. Olly is too funny with his mince. I've never of cat nuts before.What a great way to help an arthritic cat. Knock on wood my cats don't get it one day but there's somethings out of our control. Happy New Year, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Wendy - I sold a lot of treasures 2012 to help fundraise for the travel away re Abbey's operations. I've only missed one or two things that I sold and I love that one book shelf got removed from the house (It went to the barn and the boys have the records and stereo on it - which also got removed from the house). It has sparked the want to get more items from the home and I love William Morris's thoughts on items in the home.... Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. great going JAmes, & to cook the bunny too, will it be a stew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hopes to cook it today - he has said rabbit curry and rabbit soup.... mmmmm

      Delete
  4. Good on James for getting the rabbit. I'd so love to get rid of a lot of my stuff. A lot of it are things i want the kids to have but as they are all in rentals i'm hanging onto it until they have the own homes. As for the rest i'm going to work on selling or giving away this year. Worming was the cats Christmas present here. :) lol. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette - Our house isn't full of clutter - but I'm really just wanting to have things in the home that are useful and items we love. I hope to start listing items on Trade Me today. We have a big box to drop off to op shop too.
      It's all part of the living simple lifestyle we are wanting to live more and more.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. I need to clean out the cupboards too and get rid of the clutter. You have inspired me!!

    Miss Pops won't eat mince, but it does make me laugh that she probably eats half as much as your cats, but is fat. It is a lot of people and different metabolisms.

    Have a lovely day. Sunny here finally, but blowing a gale.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie I'm surprised each time I revisit an area how much more ready I am to let things go. Recipe books today.

      Yes it is our metabolisms - I have the smallest meal and always last to finish but cough cough I'm rather cuddly. SIGH!
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! What a beautiful day it is down there. I'm not sure I could ever be a minimalist,but there's sure a lot to be said for cutting down on all the clutter in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not into being a white minimalist - a lot just seem to paint and have everything white, I love colour. But I only want to have in the home things we really use and really love. I did the 333 project of clothes a few years ago and I've continued that on - it is amazing how little clothes you actually do need. I've not talked the boys into being minimalists in the barn - I've been told to keep out!
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  7. Happy 2013. Great post and I enjoyed reading about life there at your place.

    FlowerLady Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine - it is just our daily lives. We do not watch tv which helps us get lots done around here. Love Leanne

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year!! I've enjoyed this post - as with all of yours - love the sayings at the top!! Good luck with discussions regarding silverware and paintings... and good on James with the hunting. Have you tried Kiwiberries? - the small hairless kiwifruit - absolutely delicious too... just a thought for your plantings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raewyn - LOL I don;t think I'm gonna win getting the painting out of the house... I got on out years ago. A friend worked out why I dislike it so much - it is of snow and I'm more a sun person... (It was Brent's mums, so he has fond memories of it)
      No haven't tried kiwiberries thanks will look out for them. I drool over your dads berry house - one day list...
      Love Leanne

      Delete