February 21, 2013

Wednesday 2oth February

Quilting.... 


Quilt designed by C Hartigan

I spent the day dithering should I take this 10 month, row by row quilt on or not? 


Owned by a MandaBurms

Charles....

Thank you to all who leave comments on the blog, especially the comments of all the wonderful cats that come here for a visits. I bet the owners must swell with pride seeing how much joy their loved cat gives others too.

Charles, is currently staying with us, along with his three brothers. His family pop in and read the blog when they get Internet connection while on holiday to see what mischief the boys have been up to. 

Their mum emailed the following - thought you might enjoy reading it too, especially all the MandaBurms owners.

Hi Leanne. 
Oh dear. I did laugh. 
Do let Jacks mum know Charles is exactly the same. The times I have been rung to pick him up from a childs  bedroom, in front of someones fire or in a house sometimes a km or so away - hence the microchipping, collar & tags on all 4. Many people I don't know seem to know Charles very well and sometimes Ollie & Muddy. Their collars have also been returned to us from all over as well. That exact photo pose of Jack in the car is one we have experienced too. "What is all the fuss about?"
However it is when Charles occasionally returns mysteriously smelling of someones very expensive French perfume - that intrigues us! Who is she.......??
xx

16 comments:

  1. Leanne, the quilt is so you!!! Lots of lovely applique, and super colours.Have you decided? Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give it ago. I do soo love it.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. Oh yes - go for it!!! You know you cant live without that quilt :-)
    Charles is such a personality...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raewyn - This visit Charles has really got into my heart.

      I've taken on the challenge of the quilt gulp
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. Beautiful quilt! Just think how you'll feel when you're a third of the way done, then halfway done, three-quarters done and then, finally, finished! Handsome Charles! Purrs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles is very handsome - he is the boss of the clan.

      It always feel real good starting something I know that much GRIN.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. So what did you decide? Yay or nay? Looks like lots of work but it would be HUGELY rewarding to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit PUBLISH to quickly....
      and I think it is awesome that the visiting cats owners can see just what (mischief!) their cats are doing/enjoying while staying with you!

      Delete
    2. Morning Julia, The feedback we get from owners of cats boarding here is really soo worthwhile the effort of taking snaps and putting on the blog each day.

      I've jumped into the quilt - I hope I don't regret it - I was a bit gutted when I got the pattern - it has not got much instruction. Eg the sun all I got was a photocopy of a sun pattern - no measurements or instructions of how to foundation piece it.
      The star block - no finished size. In fact no overall size measurement or material requirement at all.

      I hopefully will be able to nut it out...

      Delete
  5. mMmmmm dithering over quilts does seem to be quite wide spread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leeanne soo many to do, soo many to start, soo many to finish... SMILE.

      Love Leanne

      Delete
  6. YES YES (only if it were me doing it, it would take 10 years LOL)

    I'd really enjoy following your progress, so I'm hoping you will make this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kath gulp I've said yes. http://pinterest.com/MandaBurms/quilt-project/ and have a pin board to put all the designs in I find/ instructions I can find as I go along. i was a tad gutted to get the pattern ($50.00) and find it has very little instructions. Oh well the internet is a wealth of knowledge I'm sure I will nut it all out.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  7. This is a beautiful quilt! It would take me a couple of years to get something like this completed. If I had the skill to do this, it would be on my list.
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy - it is going to be a challenge for me but I'm going to give it a go.

      Love Leanne

      Delete
  8. The quilt is beautiful. Go for it. Its great that the cats owners get to read comments about their babies.

    ReplyDelete