March 6, 2013

Tuesday 5th March

 Don't yea just love the glasshouse made out of old windows and doors? It is on my dear honey list for Brent to make me one. Photo taken at Ruth Pretty's (where I brought my compost bin from I showed you all photos yesterday of my RED compost bin). I've got a pinterest board of all the lovely different glasshouses people have made - lots of ideas for Brent, SMILE.

Minimalist family.
We are now into week 8 of our 52 week goal. And I'm still going strong sorting and selling and gifting items we no longer need, or more importantly ready to let go. Sold via Trade me so far is $743.30 that is 131 items (mainly books we have let go). There is just no way of getting around having boxes sitting by my computer in the dinning area while I work through this goal. It's quite nice knowing some other children are going to enjoy the lovely books we have so enjoyed over the years.

I'm still being told quite firmly the barn is a no minimalist zone.

Movies...


Our family all enjoyed Argo very much - highly recommended! No wonder it won at the Oscars! 
4/5.
It sparked quite a discussion in our family and triggered wanting to know more. We were surprised the film said the Kiwis had turned them away, NZ is known as a peace keeping country so felt better when we read the following. 

Upon its wide release in October 2012, the film was criticized for its claim that the New Zealand and British diplomats had turned away the American refugees in Tehran. Diplomats from New Zealand had proved quite helpful; one drove the Americans to the airport[41], and organised a place for them to hide if they had to change places.[42] 

Just imagine if the world could live as one 
and in peace!

Farmstay Guests...
 Ella has been stung by bees three times she just hasn't learned that when she plays and hits bees they will bite back. As the catnip is bringing bees to the flowers at the moment I cut it all back just in case Ella got the urge to swat a bee,


A handy remedy to have in your cupboard for humans or cats re bee stings is Apis Mellifica (Apis) (For NZ folk I've linked you to NZ homoeopathy chemist). Give a dose every 15 minutes for up to 5 minutes - of course any real reaction a trip is required to the vets.

 I'm quite pleased with this shot of Ella.

 Jack wasn't very friendly to Ella, he had to peek around the solid wall Brent and James built (So the cats can't see each other all the time)

 Rosa just looked on as if to say "Jack that's not very nice"

Kisses from Rosa. Rosa and Jack went back home last night - Ella has the place to herself.


NEWS FLASH - Prince the rooster's first crow this morning was 6.34am - getting earlier ye ha! he still has a long way to go to beat me and Rory.

9 comments:

  1. Love the look of the movie, is out on DVD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for sorting and living minimally; good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juliet it is a big mind change - especially over my books... but some went to a homeschooling group which made me feel good knowing they will be read rather than just sitting on my shelf now our kids are older.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  3. The glasshouse is nice, would it be used for plants, or a outside living area? I have not seen Argo yet, maybe I will rent it one day. We have been trying to downsize and sell things we no longer need to use. Your Ella is a cutie! Wishing you a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen the glasshouse is a cafe for the shop. Mine I hope to use it as a studio, but it is the dream plan/pipe line - few years away off yet. For when the kids leave home my next venture I have brewing.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  4. Good for Rory! What pretty, pretty cats! Nice tip on dealing with bee stings :) Good job on the sorting and making a bit of money too! Argo is on my list for viewing soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of Argo.
      Love Leanne

      Delete