September 1, 2013

Happy Birthday


Mum had her 80th birthday today.  I tend to do things on the spur of the moment  - Last Wednesday I phoned my brother up to see if he could come over from the South Island for lunch.

He was able to hop on a freight ferry. it was meant to sail at 3.30 am -YES 3.30am GASP!
Thankfully he found out last night the sailing was delayed till 5.30 am - so we all got a few extra hours sleep.
I travelled into town and picked him up at 8.30 am. I made all the lunch earlier in the week (Mum preferred not to go out for lunch) This took a bit of planning and preparing but it was enjoyed by all.

 Violets out of my garden were picked for mum

 and a bouquet of spring flowers

Its not often we manage to get everyone all together - Mum enjoyed her day.
Brent and James drove my brother back to Wellington to catch  the 6.30pm sailing back to Picton - a big day for him as he won't get home till around 10.00pm tonight

FarmStay Guests...


 Sienna cuddling in - purr purr

Beau is trying to act cross - We told him he had to have his photo taken before he got his mince tonight.
He was not at all pleased to hear this, as he could smell that mince and he wanted it now.

Oh My - I do hope Fred's family don't mind seeing this photo of him ... but well .....he has moved on so it seems (Cats are disloyal you know) - he is such a cuddly boy and just sooo relaxed about being here.

13 comments:

  1. We can tell Fred loves the lady. I wish Pops loved cuddles like that. Oh well, I enjoy the snuggles when I get them.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred is just like Lordy a very cuddly fella. Cinders is our cat that prefers to just sit on our knee when it suits her rather than be picked up and cuddled.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. late happy birthday to your mum! fred looks blissful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you mom ! I'm glad you all had such a nice time, your flowers are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spring flowers and it is a big thing to get flowers from my garden as I prefer not to pick flowers but enjoy them in the garden - they always last longer.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Mom!! Glad your brother came for a visit...I Love a ferry ride.
    Spring...wow, we are headed into Fall...
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is fall your favourite season? spring is mine
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Grandma! and many more to follow xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 80 is a great achievement isn't it.
      Love Leanne

      Delete
  6. (¯`v´¯)
    .`·.¸.·´
    ¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ Happy Birthday to your Mom! It sounds like an enjoyable day!

    As our summer flowers are fading fast, your spring flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! and many many many (etc) more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful day, great that you organised it. Oh such pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete